Who should I contact if I want to organise a training session?
Please contact our secretariat by email, who will respond to your request without delay.
What are the first steps in organising a training session?
You (the client) will be asked to explain the context, the desired topic and the envisaged budget of the training session. The Foundation has a portfolio of “ready-made” training sessions, covering a wide variety of topics. The proposed programmes are available on our web site. These programmes may obviously be adapted to meet your specific requirements.
The executive director and the Foundation’s secretariat will then explain the procedures that you need to follow.
What if the relevant topic is not in the portfolio?
If you wish to organise a training session on a topic other than those in our portfolio, the Foundation will obviously consider your request and together with the ITA-CET Committee, will look into the feasibility of organising such a session.
What specific services does the Foundation provide for the organisation of training sessions?
The role of the Foundation is to coordinate the pedagogical and organisational aspects of the training session. It will:
- work with the ITA-CET Committee to adapt the training session programme to the client’s requirements and choose suitable lecturers
- collect the presentations from the lecturers and edit the training session proceedings, so that the client, or the Foundation, may print them or provide participants with a digital version
- organise the lecturer’s travel arrangements
- provide the client with a template for a flyer to promote the training session, if necessary
- help the client to handle participants’ registration and payment, when requested.
Who finances the training session?
There are two types of costs: local and international.
Local costs are related to the venue, catering, accommodation for lecturers, local transport etc. The local costs are always covered by the client.
International costs are related to the pedagogical preparation of the event (done by the Foundation secretariat), editing of the proceedings and international travel costs of the lecturers.
If the client is:
- An ITA Member Nation representative, the international costs are normally covered by the client in agreement with the Foundation. However, there are several possible payment options depending on the financial means of the client’s country.
Click here to download the agreement for the co-organisation of training sessions with ITA Member Nations.
- A company member of ITA, then the company will be expected to cover the entire costs of the organisation of the event, both local and international.
Click here to download the agreement for the co-organisation of training sessions with companies.
What if my company / institution does not have the financial means to fully bear the costs? Is there a way for the Foundation to increase its level of financial support?
Of course! The funding of your request will be considered by the Foundation and on a case-by-case basis.
In addition to this, each year there is a limited number of training sessions offered to Member Nations for which only the local costs need to be covered by the Member Nation. These training sessions therefore offer an incredibly low-cost way of organising training. As the number of these training sessions will be limited, requests for these will be carefully considered.
Why should I approach the Foundation instead of another private or public training institution?
The Foundation was created to promote education and training in tunnelling and underground space throughout the world and in particular in emerging countries.
The Foundation is also ITA’s primary body through which training is organised and offered to Member Nations. As such our lecturers are predominantly ITA members, who are leaders in their field and committed to promoting education and training.
The Foundation can help fund certain training sessions and as such makes training available to all.